The 9th RSOG ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE
- Conference Advertisement message
Rwanda Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (RSOG) has organized its 9th conference to be held in Kigali from 13-15 December 2023. RSOG partners with other health professional institutions, governmental and non-governmental institutions as well as academic institutions to support obstetrics and gynecological services by expanding the services to all areas of the country, training healthcare providers, conducting research, leading clinical mentorships, and organizing conferences where the knowledge and evidence on women’s health care are shared.
The key theme for the 9th Annual Scientific Conference is “Navigating Women’s Health on Priority Health Agenda”. During the conference, abstracts will be presented as oral or poster presentations and there will be plenary lectures by experts in women’s health. It will draw participants from a diverse group of professionals including midwives, nurses, anesthetists, trainees, Obstetricians and Gynecologists, academicians, policymakers, and other organizations and institutions. RSOG is seeking abstracts of projects conducted on women’s health covering at least one of the subthemes.
The aim of the 9th RSOG Annual Scientific Conference is to unite researchers, academicians, healthcare providers, organizations and institutions, policymakers, women’s health advocates, and other parties to share information, new practices, and ideas on strategies to maximize women’s healthcare services, learn from previous success stories, and plan for strategies to influence health agenda in prioritizing women’s health.
The subthemes for the 9th RSOG Annual Scientific Conference are:
- Investing in women’s health for economic advancement
- Global warming and women’s health
- Universal health coverage: Addressing Inequities in health care delivery for women
- Psychosocial and Mental Health Aspects of Women’s Health
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Health Policy for Women
- Expected outcomes
- Empowered healthcare providers in exploring and understanding the health policy, how health policy is formulated, and how health issues are brought on the health agenda
- Emphasize() the need to invest in midlife and menopause women’s health for a healthy aging
- Overview of The Rwanda Health Sector Strategic Plan 2018-2024 (HSSP IV) and map the implementation of priorities for women’s health
- How to sustain the teamwork between physicians, nonphysicians, and stakeholders to build a resilience healthcare system for women’s health mapped on the HSSP V.
- Duration and Venue & date
The 9th RSOG ANNUAL SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE will last for 3 consecutive days from 13-15 December 2023.
It will be held at Serena Hotel, Kigali, Rwanda.
The conference will host a large audience from Rwanda and other countries. Abstracts will be presented as either oral presentations or poster presentations. A team of panelists will have a discussion at the end of every plenary session.